Applied Project Management | 2023
September 29 @ 8:00 am – October 28 @ 12:00 pm
Applied Project Management: Comprehensive Training and Workshop for Leading Successful Projects
In a fast-paced business environment, the art of project management stands out as a critical competency. This Applied Project Management Training offers a detailed exploration of the tools and techniques necessary for leading projects to successful completion. Designed over multiple sessions, it promises hands-on experience paired with real-world case studies.
Participants will acquire the skills needed to manage projects with precision, ensuring they’re delivered on time, within scope, and on budget. The program covers the entire project lifecycle, from initiation to closure.
By the end of the training event, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the intricacies of project life cycles.
2. Formulate effective project charters and manage project constraints.
3. Engage with stakeholders effectively and navigate changes with ease.
4. Implement risk management strategies and communicate progress efficiently.
5. Close projects, drawing lessons for future undertakings.
Front-line and middle-level managers who drive process improvement
Business executives and owners who want to deliver tangible financial benefits
Professionals who aspire to level up their careers and prepare for future growth
Module 1: Methodology and Project Life Cycle
• Define what a project is
• List the characteristics of a project phase
• Describe the project life cycle (PLC)
• Explain what is tailoring
• Identify the factors that have an influence on projects
Module 2: Project Chartering
• Define what a project charter is
• Explain how projects add value to the organization
• List the inputs to the project charter
• Evaluate the completeness of a sample project charter
Module 3: Managing Project Constraints
• List all the project constraints
• Define the work breakdown structure (WBS)
• Define project schedule
• List the components of project cost
• Summarize the elements of a project schedule
Module 4: WBS Scoping and Scheduling
• Describe the principle of decomposition in creating the WBS
• Describe the different types of relationships using a precedence diagraming
• Construct a schedule network diagram
• Estimate the duration of the project
• Identify the elements of a plan schedule with scope & resource
Module 5: Navigating the Critical Path
• Describe the different estimating methods
• Describe the critical path method (CPM)
• Use the different estimating methods using a case study example
• Construct a network diagram
• Evaluate the network diagram using CPM
Module 6: Risks and Issues
• State the difference between risks and issues
• Explain the different strategies to threats and opportunities
• Perform qualitative analysis using a probability and impact matrix
• Prepare a risk register
• Prepare an issue register
Module 7: Managing Stakeholders
• Identify project stakeholders
• List the different levels of stakeholder engagement
• Evaluate a stakeholder based on their power and interest
• Assess the engagement level of the stakeholder
• Create a stakeholder register
Module 8: Dealing with Changes
• List the common causes of change
• Outline the steps in the change control process
• Describe the elements of a change request form
• Explain the steps in assessing the impact of the change
• Generate a change log
Module 9: Crashing and Fast-Tracking
• Define crashing and fast-tracking
• Differentiate between crashing and fast- tracking
• List the steps in crashing
• Assess if a project can finish in a compressed schedule
Module 10: Reporting Progress & Quality
• Define project reporting
• List the aspects of reporting performance
• Recall the best practices in project reporting
• Evaluate a sample project report
Module 11: Communications
• State the factors to effective communication
• List the barriers to communication
• Distinguish the different communication methods
• Create a communications plan
Module 12: Closing a Project
• Describe the process of closing a project
• List the activities necessary for the closure of the project or phase
• Write a project final report
• Create a Lessons Learned Register
A blend of virtual instructor-led training, group activities, and breakouts to simulate the dynamics of managing projects. Participants are encouraged to immediately apply the learning on-the-job.
• Access to Google Classroom, where students can:
1. Participate in discussion forums
2. Download course materials (hand-outs, templates, case studies, exercises)
• Access to Mural® (a digital workspace app), or its equivalent
• Access to knowledge checks on Quizizz® (or its equivalent)
Applied Project Management Training workshop will not be recorded by both parties.
Participants should have Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint installed on their laptop or desktop. Participants should be familiar with the use of the software.
Participants who successfully complete the training will be awarded a certificate of completion.
The training package includes access to all training materials, interactive sessions, case studies, and post-training resources. As this is a virtual event via Zoom, we recommend a stable internet connection for the best experience.
About the Trainers:
JOHN ANTHONY TULAGAN
Sr Consultant of Whitehall Bradford Management Consulting
John Anthony Tulagan is a seasoned IT Executive boasting over 28 years of professional Program and Project management experience. Throughout his extensive career, he has demonstrated exceptional leadership capabilities across numerous high-profile companies, including Lockheed Martin, Aboitiz, Clark Development Corporation, Capgemini, Teradata, IBM, and Sybase. In addition to his robust practical experience, John also possesses the ability to distill complex project management concepts into digestible training. He has conducted several project management training sessions, aimed at enabling teams to effectively manage and execute their projects, transforming them into efficient project professionals.
His key leadership roles have included:
- Senior Project Manager & Enterprise Content Management Consultant at Aboitiz Power Corporation, where he oversaw large scale projects and guided IT strategy (2023)
- PMO & Smart City Consultant at Clark Development Corporation, where he led PMO development and Information Systems Planning (2022)
- Program Strategy & PMO Administration Manager at Lockheed Martin United Arab Emirates, directing strategic initiatives for their MRO facility for military aircrafts (2015-2021)
- Senior Service Delivery Manager at Capgemini (2014 – 2015)
- IT Manager & SAP Consultant at Terry SA (2013)
- IT Delivery Director at Salmat BPO (2011 – 2012)
- Executive Program Manager at Teradata (2011)
- SAP Professional Services Director at Fasttrack Solutions (2006 to 2010)
- Senior Project Manager at IBM Solutions Delivery (2003 to 2006)
John is a Certified Project Management Professional (2006), a registered Aeronautical Engineer, and holds an MSc degree in Aerospace Engineering from Coventry UK/Emirates Aviation University. His advanced understanding of both project management principles and technical concepts has equipped him to serve as a bridge between these disciplines, making him a particularly effective trainer and mentor in the IT field. John Anthony Tulagan’s rich professional experience, combined with his ability to deliver engaging and insightful project management training, make him a valuable asset to any organization that aims to elevate their project management capabilities and fully leverage their IT infrastructure.
Sr Consultant of Whitehall Bradford Management Consulting
Arlaine Ostonal is a seasoned project management consultant and certified educator with over 25 years of professional experience. Her career spans executive leadership in strategy, project, and operations management, and she brings a unique blend of practical experience and instructional skills to the table.
Arlaine’s expertise lies in business transition and transformation, technology and applications implementation, logistics and supply chain, and process improvement. She has successfully guided large-scale projects, including the implementation of PECAS and EXACT ERP systems in the manufacturing industry, as well as the migration of the call center for the XBOX account in the Philippines. Her track record demonstrates a consistent ability to deliver successful outcomes, even in the most complex and challenging environments. Complementing her practical experience, Arlaine is also a highly sought-after project management trainer. She has a talent for distilling complex project management principles into clear, actionable guidance, and her training programs are known for their real-world applicability and highly interactive approach.
– Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (2005)
– Project Management Professional® (2020)
– Certified Scrum Master (2017)
– Certified Agile Coach (2020)
– BS Chemical Engineering, Mapua Institute of Technology
– MBA, Philippine School of Business Administration
– Member, Project Management Institute
– Strategy Development and Execution
– Operations Management
– Business Transformation and Transition
– Process Improvement
– Lean Six Sigma
– Project Management
– Agile and Scrum methodology
September 29, 30, October 06, 07, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27 & 28, 2023 | Fridays & Saturdays | 8:00AM – 12:00PM | 10 sessions, total of 40 hours
Regular Rate: Php 39,990.00
Payable until September 28, 2023 only.
Super Saver Promo: Php 34,990.00
Save P5,000 payable until September 01, 2023 only.
Group Rate: Get 5 seats for only the price of 4!
Save Php39,990.00 Regular Rate applies. Payable until September 28, 2023
Registration & Payment
Once you have decided to enroll, please [Register here]
We will be issuing an invoice with payment instructions afterward. Please note that our accepted payment methods are the following only:
- Deposit cash or cheque at any Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) branches nationwide
- Online fund transfer thru BPI Express Online and other bank’s online facility
- Mobile payment app GCash and PayMaya using the bank transfer feature
- Credit card via PayPal. Participants will shoulder Paypal fees of 4.4% + 15 PHP. Please expect the payment instruction to be sent to your email.
A scanned copy of Official Receipt will be emailed within 48 hours after receipt of payment.