Project Management Fundamentals on Apr 26 & 27
This is a comprehensive training program that equips participants with the essential knowledge, skills, and tools to effectively manage projects. This program covers the fundamental principles and best practices of project management, providing practical guidance on navigating the intricacies of project execution. Participants will learn how to bridge the gap between theory and real-world application, enabling them to confidently lead projects, deliver successful outcomes, and excel in today’s dynamic project landscape.
By the end of this training, participants will have achieved the following outcomes:
- Develop a solid understanding of core project management principles and best practices.
- Acquire the skills to apply project management techniques effectively in real-world project scenarios.
- Enhance leadership abilities to successfully lead project teams and stakeholders.
- Gain proficiency in risk management, communication, and project monitoring and control.
- Apply critical thinking and decision-making skills to overcome project challenges and ensure project success.
- Project Management Framework
- The Standard for Project Management
- Principles of Project Management
- Project Performance Domains and their importance
- Initiating a Project
- Understanding project initiation phase
- Creating a Project Charter
- Defining project objectives and scope
- Establishing project organization and roles
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Planning a Project
- Overview of project planning phase
- Identifying project constraints (time, cost, scope)
- Creating a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Developing a comprehensive Project Management Plan
- Introduction to risk identification, assessment, and management
- Executing a Project
- Project Integration Management and its significance
- Implementing the Project Management Plan
- Brief overview of team selection and management
- Overview of effective project team leadership
- Introduction to risk response and mitigation strategies
- Monitoring and Controlling a Project
- Overview of project monitoring and control phase
- Project Change Management and its importance
- Brief overview of effective communication strategies for project reporting
- Introduction to Quality Management processes and techniques
- Monitoring project progress and performance
- Closing a Project
- Benefits realization and measuring project success
- Conducting brief lessons learned sessions
- Overview of the project closeout process and documentation
- Transitioning project deliverables to operations
- Emerging Trends in the Project Management Profession
- Overview of PMP (Project Management Professional) certification
- Understanding the benefits of PMP certification
- Introduction to Agile Methodology and its relevance
- Brief comparison of Agile vs. Waterfall project management approaches
The delivery method for this training is face-to-face, conducted in a physical location where participants and the trainer are present in person. It will be conducted through a blend of instructor-led training, group activities, and breakouts to simulate the dynamics of managing projects. Participants are encouraged to immediately apply the learning on-the-job.
Note: The training program can be customized based on the specific needs and objectives of the organization or participants.
To complement the training program, participants will receive a comprehensive training manual, reference materials, and access to online resources such as Google Classroom where students can participate in discussion forums, download course materials (hand-outs, templates, case studies, exercises). Participants will also have access to Mural® (a digital workspace app) or its equivalent, access to knowledge checks on Quizizz® (or its equivalent)