Data Analytics & Storytelling on Aug 8 & 9
This course will give the participants exposure to the data analytics practices executed in the business world, including communicating and presenting findings and results to decision makers.
We will explore such key areas as understanding the data and preparing data for analysis, understanding the information and action value chain including the types of data analytics, its hierarchy and tools used i.e. Descriptive, Predictive and Prescriptive data analytics
What you learn in this course will give you a strong foundation in all the areas that support analytics and will help you to better position yourself for success within your organization. You will be able to choose the right tools to present quantitative information in a way that you can connect with your audience, including those based on principles of data visualization and will learn how to communicate analytics results effectively. You will also learn how to create and deliver data analytics stories that provide context, insight, and interpretation.
Training and Workshop Outline:
- Data, Analysis and Action Value Chain
- Data and Analysis in the Real World
- Three types of Data Analytics: Descriptive, Predictive, and Prescriptive
- Understanding the Information-Action Value Chain framework
- Data Preprocessing and Cleanup
- Data Clean-up and Transformation
- Dealing with Missing Values and Outliers
- Introducing Data Normalization and Encoding
- Graphing and Visualizing Data
- Charting categorical data: Bar graphs, Pie charts, Pareto diagrams
- Charting quantitative data: Histograms, Boxplots, Time plots, Control Charts
- Advanced visualization techniques: Heatmaps, Geospatial visualizations
- Examining relationships: Scatter plots, Correlation, and Regression
- Principles of Effective Data Visualization
- Lessons from Edward Tufte and Stephen Few
- Channels to present quantitative information: Texts, Tables, Graphs
- Techniques to Display Multiple Variables
- Principles of Color Usage in Data Visualization
- Examples of Graphical Excellence
- Case Study with Descriptive Data Analytics, Predictive and Prescriptive Data Analytics
- Tools and Techniques
- Simulation: Application in a specific industry
- Communicating Data Analytics Results
- Knowing Your Audience: The key to effective communication
- General principles of effective data storytelling: Interpreting, Telling, and Selling
- The Role of Empathy in Communication
- Handling Resistance and Objections
- Ethics in Data Analytics
- Data Privacy
- Algorithmic Bias
- Responsible Reporting
Note: The training program can be customized based on the specific needs and objectives of the organization or participants.
Additional Resources: To complement the training program, participants will receive a comprehensive training manual, reference materials, and access to online resources for further learning.
Participants who successfully complete the training will be awarded a certificate of completion.